Summer Hair Care Tips - Outlooks Hair Salon
Summer, the time for beautiful bright days and outdoor activities, and you want your hair to be just as radiant as the summer season. Unfortunately, the summer sun and humidity in the New England area can damage your hair resulting in dry, frizzy, unhealthy hair, and/or split ends. There are many articles out there in the world regarding hair tips and below are some tips Outlooks Hair Salon recommends, as well as hair care products we carry and use:
- Use replenishment hair care products such as repair conditioner to add moisture back to hair and volume enhancing products such as volumizing shampoo to add body or fullness.
- For regular hair, use a rinse out hair conditioner for moisture and shine that will help prevent the frizzy look caused by static electricity. For fine hair, use a pomade product.
- Give your hair a break during the summer months and don't use blow dryers, hot irons, or electric curlers (only use sporadically or for special occasions). Towel dry hair, apply a leave-in product and then let your hair air dry. If you have to use a blow dryer, then apply a leave-in protector on your hair right before blow drying.
- For extra conditioning treatment apply a deep conditioner to damp or dry hair, wrap in plastic wrap or a shower cap just before bedtime. Allow the deep conditioner to soak into damaged hair sections overnight for extra repair and re-moisturizing benefits.
- For sun damaged hair (or for people out in the sun a lot) use deep conditioning and hair repair products such as Sunsorials throughout the summer.
- Wear a hat when at the beach or laying out by the pool. If you don't have a hat, apply a SPF product such as Sunsorials to your hair. Make sure you rub into your scalp as well.
- One way to control hair susceptible to frizziness is to wear it up in a knot or a bun. We can show you stylish ways to do this.
- Make sure you get regular trims every 4-6 weeks in the summer to prevent split ends. Also, use a more gentle shampoo with moisturizing benefits.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to come by the salon or contact us at 508-285-5208 to schedule a free consultation. We will recommend a plan of action including what products to use and when. At Outlooks Hair salon, we want your hair to look as beautiful as a gorgeous summer day.